The newest area of the property, Rassawek Station is a collection of historic train cars, a general store, ticket station and a lodge cabin. The general store, lodge cabin and three of the train cars were originally housed at Lestor Manor in King William, VA which was owned by Carroll Lee Walker. The general store, lodge cabin and ticket station buildings were replicas of the original Lestor Manor Depot which was built in 1859. The railroad was a connection between the areas of King William, King and Queen and the city of Richmond.
The trains in Rassawek station consist of an engine, flat car that has been converted into a patio seating area, oil tank, box car which has been converted into a one bedroom – one bath rental, Pullman car which has been converted to a one bedroom – two bath rental, caboose which has been converted to a bunkroom – one bath rental, post office building, pump car and water tower.
The general store has been restored to feel like you are walking into a 1940’s country store. Penny candy, canned goods, and glass coca cola line the walls while a newly built wine bar resides in the middle of the store for Rassawek wine tastings.
The lodge cabin will be used as a multipurpose area. Guests staying in the train cars will have access to the kitchen and lounge area. The lodge is also rented for meetings and small gatherings.